We are recruiting for an experienced Medical Scientific Liaison (MLS). Do you have experience in Plasma medicines? Are you looking for a big challenge in exploring new markets? Then continue reading or contact me directly!
The company is marketing authorization holder and producer of medicines derived from human plasma. The current product portfolio contains anticoagulants, immunoglobulins and albumin. The Medical & Clinical Affairs department is part of the unit Commercial, Regulatory & Medical Affairs (CRMA).
The Medical and Clinical Affairs department is responsible for Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations and Pharmacovigilance and exists of 11 people, including Medical Advisors, QPPV, Pharmacovigilance Scientists, Clinical Research Specialists and a Clinical Trial Assistant. The atmosphere is collegial and constructive and the communication is open. You will report into the Manager Medical & Clinical Affairs.
In this brand new company it is a dynamic time where a lot is happening and many initiatives to prepare for the future are being developed. It is certainly not a paved path, but you will be given plenty of room to develop the network in various countries and thus helping to increase treatment options for seriously ill patients who depend on essential plasma proteins.
In addition, your work will include the following tasks:
As Medical Scientific Liaison you will be an integral part of Prothya's Medical Affairs Team, will work in the field and you will be responsible for our (European) professional network in the market of plasma-derived products and related diseases
- establishing and maintaining professional relationships with clinical experts, investigators and other stakeholders in patient care;
- operating in countries where products of Prothya are used, like Germany, France, Finland or Turkey. At the same time you will also have a strong focus on countries that are marked for future collaboration, as we are expanding our business globally;
- identifying scientific exchange needs for which you will provide credible scientific expertise and serve as a liaison to your colleagues in Medical and Clinical Affairs and to external partners;
- work with multidisciplinary teams in assessing educational/research needs and developing strategies to meet those needs;
- providing medical and scientific support for internal and external collaborations. This may include sales training, symposium speaker briefing or other educational initiatives particularly in Europe;
- representing Prothya Biosolutions at conferences, on advisory boards, outreach meetings etc. and in interactions with thought leaders;
- For new countries, you are one of Prothya's first employees, investigating which institutions specialize in treating patients with immune disorders. You will also build professional relationships with key opinion leaders involved in the treatment and prevention of bleedings and critical care.
As Medical Scientific Liaison we would like to see the following in your resume:
- An advanced academic degree in medical science (MD, PharmD or PhD);
- At least 3 years of experience as field MSL;
- Solid background and experience with immunodeficiencies, plasma derived therapies and related disease.
- In addition, understanding of drug development and life‐cycle development of a product is strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of clinical development (clinical trials, registries, RWE);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Dutch is preferable and any additional language (such as German, Spanish or French) is a plus;
- Availability to attend meetings like congresses or conferences on weekends;
- Travel 60-80% of working time.
Salary indication is €6.000 gross a month, a yearly bonus of 1 month salary and 8.33% holiday allowance. It is possible to work remote.